4th Annual Celebrating Life and Liberty
Each year we celebrate life at Liberty State Park with all of our patients and their loved ones. During this extraordinary event we encourage survivors to share their stories or challenge and triumph as a way of inspiring and supporting each other.
This special event features live performances interactive workshops, singing, dancing, and inspirational performances by John Theurer Cancer Center survivors. This year will feature a very special performance by the legendary Aretha Franklin.
Join the Celebration Online and Help Us Inspire Others
This extraordinary event has grown every year. More than 2,200 patients and caregivers attended this year's event - our largest celebration ever! It is our hope that this event continues to grow both at Liberty State Park and online.
Help us connect and inspire the 2.3 million cancer survivors online by sharing your stories on our JTCancerCenter Facebook page and using the hastag #LifeLiberty.
RSVP and Event Details
- Parking fees: $7.00 daily rate (not included in the day's free activities)
- Directions: NJ Turnpike to Exit 14B and follow signs for Liberty State Park and Ferry Terminal Parking Lot, 1 Audrey Zapp Drive, Jersey City, NJ 07305
- Special Instructions: This event is intended for JTCancerCenter at HackensackUMC Cancer Survivors by invitation or online registration only. Pre-registration by September 21 is required. No walk-ins. A maximum of three guests may accompany each survivor.
RSVP deadline: September 21, 2012.
- Online Registration: Register online and your confirmation will be sent via return email.
- Mail RSVP: If you register by mail, confirmation of your RSVP will be sent to you. Your confirmation letter is required to be admitted and take part in the day’s festivities.
- Phone RSVP: 201.996.3252
Cancer advocacy organizations attending Celebrating Life and Liberty 2012
Celebrating Life and Liberty 2012 is thrilled to have the support of the following cancer advocacy organizations. Make sure you look for their table at the event!
2012 Celebrating Life & Liberty Sponsors
We gratefully acknowledge the support received for this event from the following:
Make a Donation
This free event is made possible by the generosity of sponsors and personal donations. Please make a donation today to support this event. Thank you.