Scott Rowley, M.D.
An internationally recognized leader in transplantation, Scott Rowley, M.D., is the Chief of John Theurer Cancer Center’s Blood & Marrow Stem Cell Transplantation Division. In this role, Dr. Rowley leads one of the nation’s largest stem cell transplantation programs and the largest in the greater NYC area.
Dr. Rowley has more than 30 years of clinical and laboratory stem cell experience. Prior to joining John Theurer Cancer Center, Dr. Rowley was director of clinical services for blood and blood components and medical director of the clinical cryobiology laboratory at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. He is a founding member and former President of the International Society of Hematotherapy and Graft Engineering as well as a former member of the Board of Directors of the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation.
Currently, Dr. Rowley serves on the editorial boards for the medical journals Cytotherapy and Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. He holds positions as a Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, at UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, and a Professor at Georgetown University. Click here for a list of John Theurer Cancer Center BMT clinical trials.
Partnership with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
John Theurer Cancer Center recently partnered with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital to re-establish their BMT program. This affiliation brings John Theurer Cancer Center’s clinical and research expertise to the DC metro area, facilitating collaborations between our physicians and the leading scientists of Georgetown University. Dr. Rowley is credentialed at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and has faculty appointments at Georgetown University School of Medicine.
- Medical Education: The University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Residency: Rhode Island Hospital
- Fellowship: Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Board Certifications: Internal medicine, medical oncology, hematology
- Specializations: Medical oncology, hematology, stem cell transplantation
- Research Interests: Stem cell transplantation
- University Appointments: Hackensack University Medical Center
- Memberships: American College of Physicians, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology, American Association of Blood Banks, International Society of Hematology and Graft Engineering and the Foundation for Accreditation of Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation.
- Languages Spoken: English