Joshua Richter, M.D.
Joshua Richter, M.D. specializes in multiple myeloma at John Theurer Cancer Center. Dr. Richter joined in the John Theurer Cancer Center in July 2011, allowing the division to further expand its internationally-recognized myeloma clinical and research practice.
Dr. Richter brings a wealth of expertise to our team having worked at some of the world’s most prestigious cancer centers. Dr. Richter completed his hematology/oncology fellowship at Yale Cancer Center, where he had the opportunity to work with one of the nation’s leading multiple myeloma specialists Madhav Dhodapkar, M.D., Chief, Section of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine; Director of Hematologic Malignancies. During his residency at St. Vincent’s Hospital - New York Medical College, Dr. Richter studied multiple myeloma under Dr. Vesole and Sundar Jagannath, M.D., Chief, Multiple Myeloma, Bone Marrow and Blood Stem Cell Transplantation.
Dr. Richter has been published in numerous oncology journals, including Blood, Clinical of Immunology and Leukemia Lymphoma. Click here for a list of John Theurer Cancer Center Multiple Myeloma clinical trials.
- Medical Education: New York Medical College
- Residency: St. Vincent’s Hospital – New York Medical College
- Fellowship: Yale Cancer Center, Yale University
- Board Certifications: Internal medicine, hematology, medical oncology
- Specializations: Medical oncology, hematology, multiple myeloma
- Research Interests: Multiple myeloma
- University Appointments: Hackensack University Medical Center; Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, UMDNJ
- Languages Spoken: English