Babak Litkouhi, M.D.
Babak Litkouhi, M.D., Co-Chief of the Gynecologic Oncology Division,is a board-certified gynecologic oncologist specializing in the clinical and surgical care of women with gynecological cancers. Dr. Litkouhi has extensive expertise in both traditional “open” surgery and minimally invasive surgical techniques, including laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
Dr. Litkouhi joined the John Theurer Cancer Center from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, where he served as an attending in the gynecological oncology division and faculty at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Litkouhi received his medical degree at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine in New York. After training in obstetrics and gynecology at Yale-New Haven Hospital, he completed his fellowship in gynecological oncology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston.
His research on various topics in cancer medicine has been published in journals such as Gynecologic Oncology, Neoplasia, and Cryobiology, and presented at regional and national medical meetings. He is a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and a member of the Society of Gynecologic Oncology. Dr. Litkouhi is also available to see patients at Hackettstown Regional Medical Center and Chilton Memorial Hospital. Click here for a list of John Theurer Cancer Center Gynecologic Oncology clinical trials.
- Medical Education: Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2000
- Internship/Residency: Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale School of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine, 2000-2004
- Fellowships: Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 2004-2008
- 2005 board-certified, Board of Registration in Medicine, Massachusetts,
- 2007 board-certified, Board of Medical Examiners, New Jersey
- 2009 board-certified, and diplomat, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Gynecologic Oncology
- Tau Beta Pi, National Engineering Honor Society, The Cooper Union, 1996
- Pi Tau Sigma, National Mechanical Engineering Honor Society, The Cooper Union, 1996
- 2nd Year Resident Teaching Award, Yale-New Haven Hospital, 2002
- Endoscopy Award, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Resident with Special Excellence in Endoscopy, 2004
- Meehan-Miller Award, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Academic Scholarship, 2004
- Memberships: Society of Gynecologic Oncology, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists