Angels of Hope Foundation
The mission of the Angels of Hope Foundation is to create awareness about women’s health issues including breast, ovarian, cervical, uterine, and colon cancers, by reaching out to local communities. The foundation encourages all women to be informed and take responsibility for their own well-being. Since its inception in November 2003, Angels of Hope has raised more than $1,100,000 for the John Theurer Cancer Center’s women’s health services.
The Angels of Hope Foundation has played a leading role to create a warm and comforting environment on the Women’s Health floor in the new John Theurer Cancer Center building. Their generous donations have also been used to help provide cancer services for women that otherwise could not afford it.
The John Theurer Cancer Center extends its deepest gratitude to the Angels of Hope Foundation and its founder, Lynn White, for their tireless support and dedication. Click here to visit the Angels of Hope Foundation's official website and learn more about the important work they are doing.
"The Angels of Hope Foundation is an important piece of the John Theurer Cancer Center family. We are grateful for their determination and vision to help make cancer treatment at our facility a better experience for women.”
-Andrew Pecora, M.D., F.A.C.P., C.P.E., Chief Innovations Officer, Professor and Vice President of Cancer Services
Previous Angels of Hope Events:
- Chopper Raffle: The Angels of Hope Foundation is hosting a Chopper Raffle to benefit women’s health services at the John Theurer Cancer Center. Raffle tickets are $100 for a chance to win a custom built Chopper by the world famous Orange County Choppers with 100% of the proceeds benefiting women’s health. The Angels of Hope Foundation will display the Chopper throughout Bergen County. Tickets for the Chopper Raffle are also available for purchase at online at http://aoh-nj.org/raffle_tickets.html .
- Cocktails & Couture: Taking place Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 6:30 p.m at Seasons in Washington Township, New Jersey, Cocktails & Couture will feature collections from Canadian designer Joeffer Caoc and American designer Agostino Couture. Reservations are $200 per person and available for purchase at http://www.aoh-nj.org/cocktails.html .
- Sixth Annual 5K Run/Walk: This year's 5K Run/Walk will take place on Sunday, April 17, 2011 at McBride Field in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey. Shotgun start at 10 a.m. You may pre-register for this New Jersey Division of USA Track & Field (USATF) certified event by clicking here. 5K pre-registration costs $30, USATF members $28. You may also register the day of the race beginning at 8 a.m. for $40.
- Celebration of Women Event: Casino Night for Charity: On Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011 at 6:30 p.m., the Angels of Hope will host a special casino night for charity at Seasons in Washington Township, New Jersey. Attendees will have the opportunity to try their luck at various betting games, including Black Jack, Poker, Roulette, Cash Wheel and a Let it Ride table. Buffet supper and cocktails will be served. Reservations are $300 per person. Cocktail attire required.
- Pearls for a Cause: This event is being held Thursday, October 14, from 7-9 p.m. at Tiffany & Co., The Shops at Riverside, in Hackensack. This cocktail reception/drawing will include faux pearls at $100 each.
- The Third Annual Fundraising Luncheon and Fashion Show: Scheduled for Wednesday, October 27, at 11:30 a.m., at Seasons in Washington Township, NJ, the show will feature collections by Charles Chang-Lima, Agostino Couture, and Fusun Knitwear Designs. Salon Luba will provide hair and makeup. Reservations are $150 per guest.
- The Barclays PGA Tour: Angels of Hope was the selected Charity of Choice at this year’s PGA event, the Barclay’s Tour, held August 23-29 at the Ridgewood Country Club in Paramus. Spectators could purchase advance daily grounds passes through PGA Tour's Tickets Fore Charity at a reduce price. Through this program, 75 percent of the ticket sales went to the Angels of Hope Foundation. During the week long event, Angels of Hope volunteers set up a booth complete with thousands of pieces of literature, an informative video and giveaways. Click here to view photos from the event on JTCC’s Facebook page.