Message from Our Leadership
A Message from Dr. Pecora and Dr. Goy
At the John Theurer Cancer Center, we believe cancer is hard enough for patients and their loved ones. It is this belief that drives our passion to deliver extraordinary care every day, helping us become one of the nation’s top 50 cancer centers – the only cancer center in New Jersey with this recognition.
Over the past 25 years, we have become one of the largest cancer centers in the United States, but we have kept our focus on the unique needs of the patients who place their trust in our doctors and staff. Prevention, treatment, and research advances have grown exponentially over those 25 years. We are not only keeping up with the change of pace, we are at the forefront of delivering innovative care, and providing tomorrow’s treatment today by:
- Taking multidisciplinary care to a new level with teams of disease-specific experts under one roof
- Delivering personalized medicine focused on novel therapies, participatory treatment, predictive measures, and preventive care
- Advancing research through biomarker-driven clinical trials and translational research
- Providing holistic care that includes a wide range of complementary services important to the well-being of our patients that can be easily integrated into their care
- Creating a comforting environment in a new high-tech, high-touch building
We believe our model is the next step toward the future of patient care. In the pages that follow, we invite you to see how the John Theurer Cancer Center is changing the cancer care experience one patient at a time.
Andrew Pecora, M.D., F.A.C.P., C.P.E.
Chief Innovations Officer, Professor and Vice President of Cancer Services
Andre Goy, M.D., M.S.
Chairman and Director, Chief of Lymphoma, and Director, Clinical and Translational Cancer Research